Sunday, October 1, 2006

PEARCHING IN SEATTLE TILL CHRISTMAS

Wednesday, December 22, 2006

PERCHING IN SEATTLE TILL CHRISTMAS


So I've been here in Seattle almost 2 months now. I can't believe I only have a month left!!

I am staying a block from the water and 4 blocks from Pikes Place Market.
From the balcony I can see the Puget Sound and Mt. Rainier (when there are clear skys that is).

IT IS F*ING GORGEOUS HERE!!! (eeehem... excuse me)

The Mt's are now snow capped and the slopes have opened early this year.
In keeping with the tradition of having my butt hurt during this trip, I went snowboarding instead of skiing on the steeper slopes. Yard sale~

The kitties are digging it, however, Boo misses the daily sunbeam to warm her enormous tummy in.
Frankly, I have a feeling they kind of miss being on the road. We will be heading out soon, and they can resume their true calling: Road Warrior.

Have gone boating, hiking, camping, trekking and wandering. Wandering skills now highly improved, as it is an art form you know.

HOWEVER, in case you have not seen the news, the Pacific Northwest (Seattle specifically) has broken all records for rainfall during the month of November... e v e r. As in THE HISTORY OF RECORDED METEOROLOGICAL EVENTS... just to be clear.

Flooding has washed away roads, houses, cars, people, campgrounds, ect. Soooo... my trip to climb Mt. Rainier was foiled (tho it would make an awesome waterside on the way down).

I funnily miss the overblown southern hospitality. People up here do not smile at strangers, there are never warm exchanges, friendly banter, ect. Now yes, it might be because we are drunk... but still. I miss ya'll.

Went to Vancouver the past week.
It's like Tokyo meets the Alps.
The main point of the trip was to go see the Canucks play and maybe get in some skiing. Seattle doesn't have a NHL team.

I know. I know... sad, but true.

It was a totally different experience to be able to see a team play in Canada. It was so loud and rowdy in there. I wish fans were that unfettered in the states. Another thing that got me: when the Canadian National Anthem was played... EVERYONE sang and cheered.

Wouldn't it be great if we could be that amped about our country?




I will be back on the road December 23rd... hitting the west coast and then through the desert, Texas and New Orleans to Atlanta.

Many people along the way to see (not hit)... so this route might change.

One thing that will be a definite.. my butt will hurt.

No comments: