Friday, July 18, 2008

Thinking In The Shower: bad combo.



This has nothing to do with a n y t h i n g... but I just had a moment of clarity.

You’re in the shower...
everything is washed, shaved, exfoliated, blah blah blah.

Now it’s time to get out, dry off, put on anti-smelly stuff and go to work. However... you just don’t want to get out.

Come on. Admit it!

We all go through this. It just feels too damn good.
“I don’t want to!!” says the 5 year old section of your frontal lobe.
If it was up to you, you would stay there all day!
Why don’t you?
Well, besides getting terribly pruned and possibly running out of hot water, because there’s that o t h e r voice in your head telling you that you “HAVE to”.

Ever think of telling that voice to fu*k off?

Well I did.
So this morning, I told that socially appropriate voice of reason to shut it!!!! If I want to stay in the shower, then dammit, that is what I was going to do!!!
So there.

5 minutes later... blissed out.
10 minutes... still blissed, but now bored.
Should have brought in my i-pod.
15 minutes... ok, ready to get out.

Hah! Take THAT logic and reason!
I got out of that damn shower when I was good and ready to, so there!
(Pruney, pink, squeaky and aquaticly stoned achieved as well)

Point?
So I’m 10 minutes behind schedule. Fine. Big deal, right? Starbucks Drive Thru and a few well timed lights will solve that. BUT... I did what I wanted to!

You get told what to do all day long; spouses, employers, street signs, parents, computers.
Time to rebel people!
If I want to spend a few extra minutes a day to prune up like a boiled pig, go for it!

That’s all.
Fingers still pruned.

No comments: