Sunday, October 1, 2006

r3's X-Country Caravan: 1 DAY DOWN... my butt hurts.




October 12, 2006
1 DAY DOWN... my butt hurts.

Day 1 down... 3 to go (at minimum!)

I am now in St. Louis, MO, some odd 600 miles later. It was not as bad as I thought! I left at 10am, deciding to take the kitties with me after all. I just couldn't put them on a plane! I know, I know, I'm a sap... but these are my children. I am glad I did... as they settled right in to their "kitty mansion" I assembled in the back of our Chrystler Pacifica.
Goodbye GEORGIA!

The drive over all the Tennessee mountains and cross all the lakes and rivers in Kentucky were beautiful. However, right on the other side of the TN mountains, the bugs got really big and really juicy. After 200 miles of mamouth, flying, country fried gravy insects, I had a grotesque bug cemetery covering my windshield.

Soooo.... what did ol'rachie do?
I put on the windshield fluid and wipers of course! Noooooooooooooo!!!!
Now instead of having a bug crime scene on my windshield, I had a bug slasher film.
Very nice... good job Rach.

My favorite sign was the exit for Murfreesborough, TN. It sounds like the guy that named the town, was completely hammered at the time. He probably meant "Borno" or “Freebush” even.

Illinois... well... it was flat. I saw a lot of corn. I only got bullied on the road by only one tractor trailer, and as we all know, he is now going to hell. I was momentarily inspired to pull off and visit the National Quilting Museum (enter sarcasm here),
and was considering staying at the "Safari Motel" with Jacuzzi and free Showtime.
Uhhh...no.
Good self control there Rach.

So, to recap... we the r3 fur mobile made it thru GA, TN, KY, IL and MO today.
Tomorrow... 660 more miles and who know what else!!

*(Below are the pics from the whole trip. I moved them up so you would not have to wait. Read on tho. read on.)
I think my fave is Boo (the white cat) propped up on the dash, as if she is in charge. Oh wait... she is.


All my love~ r3

No comments: